Wednesday 12 March 2008

Butterfly Birthday

Another birthday = another card. This one was a little last minute.I knew the birthday girl loved butterflies and I have wanted to try out a bit more paper cutting and thought this would be perfect. It was a little bit fiddlerly. It must take a lot of patience and practice to create huge fine paper cut. I have a lot more respect for anyone that works like that with paper. I think the hardest part of this card was making sure the wings mirrored themselves. The butterfly is actually 3D, I trapped the fabric between card to give it a clean finish and then glued it in the centre. I think I’m going to try a paper cutting design on a much larger scale now and see what happens. I think it boils down to patience and practice.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...