Sunday 14 December 2008

My first Christmas Wreath

I am trying my best to have a handmade Christmas this year. This means making all my presents, decorations and cards. I can tick Christmas cards off my list, I'm doing quite well on the handmade presents which I will report on later and here is my first Christmas wreath. I made this at a Christmas Craft evening that was held at my sisters church.  We were given a wire base to start with which was then stuffed with moss and wrapped with florist wire to hold it all together. I then took a long piece of ivy and wrapped that around to give it a bit more of a 3D look. I then used some fake red berries on wire to add a little colour with a couple of cinnamon sticks and red ribbon to finishes it off. I really enjoyed making this and I have always wondered how they were made. Mystery solved.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...